Monday, October 27, 2008
I was watching "Rich bride Poor bride" on Home & Health channel that I suddenly asked myself these questions.
- Who will make my potential husband credential?
- How does these brides decide on their future husbands and how will I decide on mine?
Then I started listing out what I seeked in a husband. What will my definition of MARRIAGE be after the superb 1st night love making. And I narrowed down to these; which I think is most reasonable.
My potential husband need not have all the "5Cs". He just need to be honest and sincere in loving me. Very trusting towards me and acceptable of all my flaws. If possible has savings for our future security. Understanding towards my needs and supportive of my goals. Not stingy yet not a spendthrift.
I want my husband to...
- spend lavishly on me. He doesn't necessarily have to buy me diamonds and branded goods. He just need to know when to pamper me, especially when we go out and spend time together.
- enjoy a good movie with me at home every alternate weekends. We don't really need to waste money and make our way to the cinema to catch a movie. Just rent a couple VCDs or DVDs and watch within the comfort of our house while tucking in each other's arms. (After all isn't it more convenient for kinky quickie? :$)
- think that I'm most beautiful when I just woke up. And when he sees me 1st thing in the morning (next to him of course!) he'd kiss me on my forehead and say "I can't believe how looking at you makes me calm." Aww....I know I know...you like it too? Tell me about it girls!
- automatically take his bolster and pillow and sleep in the other available room in the house when we have a major argument. Not to give the cold silent treatments, instead to avoid worsening the situation. And only discuss with a more relaxed mind and emotion.
- still think that I'm sexy when I'm 7months pregnant. At this period of the pregnancy, a husband is more delirious to welcome the unborn child than to see you naked after the delivery. Really! Really! ;p
- be fair towards his own parents and in-laws. If he had made us visit his parents this weekend, next weekend will be my parents. If he's giving his parents $500/month, he should allow me to give my parents $500/month as well. (Tapi tolong top up la. 50/50 kay. Gaji you gaji I, gaji I gaji I.)
- surprise me with short getaways. Say to Kuala Lumpur or Batam or Bintan over the weekend. So that we could loosen up and make up for the lost time.
- make a point to come home early to have dinner with me. Why should I tire myself cooking for him if he prefers to hang out with his friends outside. Correct?
- bring me out on a late night date and end it by taking a short stroll down esplanade. I always feel tranquil and ease sitting by the bay late at night, especially when I know I'm in his good gracious.
- (last but not least)...make love to me in the midst of anything; everywhere in the house. On the sofa while watching tv, in the bathroom while taking a shower, on the study table while I'm doing my assignments, on the kitchen table while I'm cooking for him, and in all the rooms in the house. (Yeah! Hardcore! Hehehe)
How I will decide on whether he's "The One"? When my gut feelings say so. He not necessarily fits in the requirements, but if my gut feelings say so, then he is "The One"! ; )
[Background knowledge: "Rich bride Poor bride" is a reality tv series that display the problems faced by future brides and grooms to be in the process of preparing for their wedding day. Often, these couples will face financial discrepancies due to lack of self-control and poor money management. At the end of the day, the bride/couple who could stick close to their budget, will be declared the "Rich bride" and vice versa.]
|| The Muse Spoke @ 10/27/2008 01:48:00 PM ||
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------