While this Aidilfitri could be an emotional turmoil for some (for the lost of their loved ones), this Aidilfitri was a momentous one for myself and my family, my mum especially. Why? For an ambrosial, congenial, pleasant, delightful etc reason. Which is, my dad finally opened up his heart to reconcile with mum's (Aidil-Salamah) family after years of "seperation". No my parents never got a divorce, don't mistook me. Its just that dad hasn't been coming to my mum's family functions due to some misundertandings.
All these years, I have never hoped for anything more than having my dad around at the family visitings/outings/gatherings. Alhamdullillah, this year, dad didn't only join us on the 1st Syawal visiting to grandma's, but he also followed us on the rest of the days as well. No matter how mad I was, or still am, at my dad, I can't deny the fact that I still do get jealous at the loveable sights of my cousins hugging their daddies. Although me and sis hardly show, deep down inside we were constantly looking around to see just for a minute of miracle, my dad will appear out of nowhere to join us whenever we go for raya visiting.
Its sad really. Try imagining yourself not having a dad around. You'll feel alil lost, but ultimately you will miss the times where you know you have someone to consult or talk to. So yeah, I am glad that dad was most willing to put aside his ego, hard feelings or even grudges and return to our family's good gracious.
Then, I came to realise that it's not only the food, green packets, new hairdo and other stuffs that matters at Hari Raya. It is this little meanings that brings us closer to our family, makes us grow wiser by the years and reminds us of the importance of seeking forgiveness and forgiving. Aidilfitri used to only mean new clothes, new hairdo, new bags. new shoes and green packets to me. But this year, Aidilfitri meant alot more to me than just those typical material things. As I grow up and mature, life matures with me. The things I see in life changes with every ticks of my biological clock.
I thank Allah for his blessings he has showered my family with this year. I hope this wonderful change is here to stay. Amin...