I am a BIG eater...isn't it obvious? Haha. I love to go around and look for scrumptious, affordable and utmost importantly, will make me crave for it now and then, food. Nonetheless, service plays an equally CRUCIAL role in making me consider coming back. So tonight I am going to "AWARD" the deserving stalls/restaurants that serve THE BEST of my favourite foods! And HIGHLIGHT the stalls/restaurants that doesn't deserve a single patron!
Ok go...
[*Disclaimer: The choices/winners are in no way immitating any parties or any events of such matter. These are strictly upon author's favourable decision and have no intentions to discriminate nor promote the mentioned names. Any infringement of copyright or what so ever is totally unintentional and author apologises.*]
Best Chinese Laksa: 'QiJi'
Best Fishball Noodle: 'Sedap Noodle' stall at Rasa 21, Tampines St21 (Most would argue that 'Tong Seng' has the best fishball noodle, but not to me. Well its up to an individual's taste bud.)
Best Tom Yum (and all other Thai Food): 'Thai Express' [Oh by the way Thai Express is also my Best Service Award winner.]
Best Black Pepper Steak: 'Spize' (best known as "Bullet Steak"
Best Spring Chicken in BBQ Sauce: 'Breeks"
Best Prata/Nasi Briyani: 'Safron' at Tampines St21
Best Teh Tarik/Teh Halia: A tie between 'Railway Station' and 'Syed' at Sempang Bedok.
Best Pasta: 'Pasta Mania'
Best Fried Chicken: 'Arnolds' at City Plaza
Best Yong Tao Fu: 'Foodloft' at Marina Square.
Best Traditional Laksa: My Granny's one of course...!
Best Indonesian Bakso: My Bibik's one...traditional from Kepulauan Jawa!
And the list goes on...I can't remember all. Haha! That's all for now.
Last but not least...the WORSTFood Served and WORST SERVICE goes to...*drumrolls* AFGHANISTAN RESTAURANT!!! Yaaayyy!!! The food there just suck, the people who serves sucks even more! You know the way the foods were prepared were as though the person who prepared it was forced to do it. So unwillingly! They don't say 'THANK YOU', infact they don't even smile! Well I pity them la yea...they were born with a grin on the face. Would you believe me if I say I have not eaten at Afghanistan (nor buy food from there) for almost 4 years now. As much as I wanna support my own race, I am as disappointed. They do not provide me with the essential. So discouraging. HOWEVER, there is AN EXCEPTION. The drink stall people are friendly. They smiled and they are polite. Kudos to them! Another WORST SERVICE AWARD goes to the ONLY Malay stall at Tampines Mart Kopitiam. The earlier half of the day vendor that is. They are all MAKCIKS2, but they are not at all close to friendly, furthest to motherly. You know, instead of asking politely "Iya nak ape yang?" ("Yes my dear, what do you want?"), they WILL without fail ask you "Nak ape?!" ("Ah what you want?!") in a very hostile manner! Siala...I'm here to buy her food and PAY HER la (NOT FREE OK!), she ask me like she want to start a fight! Hahaha! Funny sia these OLD MAKCIKS2 (Rumah kata brambos kubur kata lai2 pun maseh tak nak ubah2)! See...even the thought of it can already rage me!
Haha! Enough of the food. I would like to bestow my ardent appreciation to the people who has made Mursh's Birthday celebration possible and went smoothly. Thank you so much guys for the effort made in helping me put up a great party. I am relieved and gratified that the months-long plan worked and most eminently, Mursh love it and had a splendid time. Alhamdulillah...=) Upcoming...is Wardz' turn. Mursh and I will plan something, although not grand, but nice for her Belated Birthday celebration. Mursh and Wardz share the same birthday, 21 November 1988. However, Wardz couldn't make it for their celebration, which I had planned for the both of them. So it became Mursh's celebration alone. Its alright...there's always next year (Insya'allah). The celebration was a super mini one. I booked a room at Grand Mercure Roxy Hotel, decorated the room, and let things take its toll. Here are some pictures (unfortunately, upon some discrete circumstances, I am not allowed to post all the pictures). Oh anyway, Wardz and I bought Mursh an Agnes B. bag in PINK. Hahahaha! I know pink is sooo not her colour. We wanted to get her the violet one instead, but it was out of stock. Other alternative was the black, but the black was very dull...somewhat monotenous. So yeah, pink for a change.
Nice right the cupcakes? Thanks to Nura from MizaDelights for the lovely and tasty cupcakes! Its so pretty looking that all of us were at a heavy heart to eat it, yet it is so delicious to resist!
Us with the decor as backdrop and cake as table dressing... Her first "present"...=) Her second...from yours truly... Her third...from Wardz and me... Her last BUT NOT least...
Tompang gembira...haha! Happily playing "Don't bluff" (she thought she's the slightest chance winning) Nope...not the slightest chance at all. Drink up! Haha.