Holla...! Is it me or is my blog really feeling kinda "dead"? Hahaha! Well been pretty lazy to update yeah. There were more important things to do...anyway that is what blogging is all about. At a certain point of time you got really enthusiastic to update about everything and anything, and suddenly for a long period you just can't be bothered. Heh. Anyhow...here's an update on my 1st Anniversary celebration.
We celebrated a day later, which was yesterday, March 12. So where did we go to celebrate? Fancy hotel? No. Expensive restaurant? No. We went to the ZOO. Yup yup. I've been wanting to go to the Zoo so badly. I've heard too many people telling me how much the Singapore Zoological Gardens has changed over the years. So I've been pestering babylove to bring me to the Zoo and what perfect timing to surprise me than on our anniversary? Thanks baby. I really appreciate the surprises and especially your efforts in always making me happy. I love you. Despite the absence of gifts and stuffs, I still had a blast on my anniversary. Nothing matters more to me than quality time with love. Really.
So for this particular event alone, I managed to wake up very early and had to even miss on sending two of my aunties off to the airport. I'm sorry Mak Didah and Ibu. Our day started as early as 11am. Took a cab there. Both very anxious and excited. Hehehe! We did not want to miss our only opportunity to catch the shows, so we really checked the timings. We managed to catch the 'Splash Zone' show and the 'Elephants of Asia' show.
On our way...see how excited I am? =) Ah Meng Kopi...in loving memory of the oldest primate resident in Singapore Zoo, Ah Meng of course. The ticketing booth. The Proboscis Monkeys. Baby was so attracted to them. Wonder why? Maybe because their noses are similar. Hehehe! Kidding love. I seriously forgot what these birds are called. Heh. Of course, star of the Singapore Zoo who made headlines last year, the White Tiger. Love them despite all... While the other was very active, this one decided to take an afternoon nap. God creation here, is mesmerizingly HUMONGOUS! Pigmy hippo...see those teeth? Well...the White Tiger isn't the only mammal that slept, this second hippo too did not want to miss a good afternoon nap after a hearty meal. Young Ostrich. These two active Kangaroos were jumping everywhere at their lair, the Australian Outback. While this one, hehe sought a nice cooling corner to rest. *Fun Fact #1* At the entrance of some Africana Tribe. This Pelican posed for our camera. Seriously...can you see its eyes looking into the camera? Adorable! They are the Penguins of Madagascar. This lazying Orang Hutan was knocking on the railing. I have the video which I will post later. Scary ei??? Looks like a carpet...this is, an Orang Hutan as well. Sun bear...smallest bear amongst all the bear species. *Fun Fact #2* (If you can see it) This is the biggest turtle species in the world, but it isn't the biggest in the world yet. The biggest can weigh up to 360kg. No joke! Snapping turtle...try putting your finger near its beak...haha! Green Tree Python...
Lets play 'Spot the Frog' game...wanna? Ok see how good your visions are...
First up...spot the toad. Where is it? There. This is the toad. Good camouflage skills! I'm not sure if this was difficult to spot, but baby failed to spot it at second viewing. This is a Red Canary Bird...feeding time! Believe it or not, I did not realise that this lizard was just next to me as I cross the bridge. Bats! Erksome! Cute right? Carlos, the Sea Lion. Both the baby and Carlos are adorable. Baby was lucky his 'Carlos kissing' moment was perfect! Mine was uncaptured. While waiting for Elephants of Asia show to begin... I've always been fascinated with these Gentle Giants...as a child, I've always wanted to watch them play and take a bath. And guess what? Hahaha no I didn't manage to see them do just that, but I got to come close to them and fed them too! They taking their ending bow. Smart! Aren't I the most delighted "girl"? This is the White-faced Monkey although the hair around its face looks more like golden blonde. I didn't bother looking for its name, 'cause this monkey looks eerie. It reminds me of Langsuir if you all know "WHO" that is. Haha! What better way to end a tiring day than enjoying a bowl of Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream together!
After that, we went to Tampines Mall to get baby's swimming attire and swimming skin care products. Then it was Home Sweet Home.
To Indra: Bi thank you so much for making this very 1st Anniversary a memorable one. No more words could explain my gratitude for your efforts and endless thoughts. I am sorry I have nothing special to present to you as our Anniversary gift. But I promise to make it up to you in many other possible ways. I loved you, love you and will love you always.