I didn't know that Prawning has been picked up by a growing number of Malay families as a hobby, until I read today's Malay Newspaper, Berita Minggu. For those who hate fishing, you might not hate prawning. Seriously. A living example would be me. For most of my life, I hated fishing. To me, fishing are for people who are very very patient and people who are willing to wait long hours. As for me, I am most definitely unwilling to wait, what more to resource for patience. Phat hope! Hahaha! On top of that, I have always believed that I have been unlucky when it comes to fishing or lucky draws. But thank god I was reluctant to believe that when it comes to Prawning. When I was introduced to Prawning by Cik Zul about a month ago, I got hooked! Cik Zul brought me to Happy Prawns Fishing at Farmway. We went on a Saturday around 2am and it was still quite packed! Although my first attempt wasn't that fruitful (for a whole 1 hour I only caught 1! Pathetic right? Almost made me gave up!), I still found a liking.
I went last Tuesday. I brought babylove and 3 of my little cousins. We booked 2 rods for 3 hours. And sure we did catch alot! We caught about 3 kilos! No kidding! Tell me how babylove not to get hooked too? Hahaha! Yes he got hitched with the prawning rod! =) We went again the following night; late night to be precise. Just the two of us. This time around, we caught about 2 and a half kilos. Still not so bad eii for 1 rod that was booked for 3 hours. So yeah...over time we would bring up the idea of prawning 'cause both baby and I have found interest in it. So its ok.
I mean, if you would want to do something as a couple, do something that both parties could enjoy or appreciate. I'm lucky that baby and I picked up the same hobby almost at the same time. Bottom line is, for boyfriends/husbands out there who love fishing so much, probably try Prawning with your partners/spouses. Introduce them to the thrill of "fishing" and the satisfaction you get out of the catch. You can't just expect them to understand your liking if you don't introduce right?
To my babes: Maybe we shall try Prawn together sometime. How about that?